Monday, May 12, 2008

Sun, May 11 - Kathmandu

Kathmandu: Swoyanbunth Stupa


Kathmandu: Durbar Square


Arrive Swayambunth temple at 5:15. There are low clouds on the horizon, preventing the sun from shining directly on the large stupa. It gives me plenty of time to set up my tripod for photos. It's not until 6AM that the light is really good. I bring a different kind of Nepal beer and get another beer shot for Niall, this time with the large stupa in the background.

I retrace yesterday's path to Durbar square, get a number of photos in the early light, then sit on some steps watching the people go by. Quite a slice of humanity, ranging from very upscale tourists to Nepali porters, old men and women, but very few children. I see some children later going to school, perhaps that is where they all are.

I think of doing some bike riding or another physical activity but have conjectured that my ailment may in fact be a cracked rib, and hence taking it easy for a few more days is likely my best course for the time being.

No comments: