Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mon, June 2 - Home!

I'm back in the USA, safe and sound. Ambian again helped me to sleep on the long flight home. I learned several things about Ambian.

1. Don't mix Ambian with Alcohol
2. Stick with 10mg of Ambian until you learn more about how you react to it
3. You cannot remember things done while under the influence of Ambian

I take two pills, a total of 20mg, after eating the chicken dinner at the start of the flight. I consume three of the small bottles of wine served on flights. The following occured and I have zero recollection of it:

I am sitting in an aisle seat and the two women sitting next to me ask me to get up so they can go to the bathroom. I apparently stand up and start wandering aimlessly about the cabin, in a very confused state. The flight attendents shepherd me into the galley where they lay me down and give me oxygen for some time, after which they return me to my seat and let me, "sleep it off". Very interesting to be told what one has done and have no recollection whatsoever of any part of it. Many lessons learned during my travels.

To round out all of the new experiences on this trip, I take public transit back to Mountain View, catching first BART, then Caltrain. It costs $5.50 and takes a little under two hours.

What a long strange trip its been! Nice to have a day to recover. Stay tuned for a short Sierra adventure.

-D.

No comments: